Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THOSE GETTING THE INFO OUT THERE OF OUR SPORT!

I am proud to say that I am part of the off road community! After hearing about this weekends tragic accident in Lucerne Valley I thought that our sport would be coming to an end! But We pulled together no matter our differences and started voicing our opinions to the public and the media! I would like to thank all the big names in our sport for calling into tv and radio stations and giving the public some inside knowledge of our sport. The list is long on who have stepped up but you know who you are!

Next I would like to thank the parents and friends of Andrew Therrin. Your interview on tv about Andrew and his courage and that you don't hold the driver responsible was the greatest thing you could have ever said to a audience that does not understand desert racing. You also when asked about should they shut down this sport you told them without thinking that you would never want to see this sport go away, those are some big answers to give to a question like that after what you have been through! Also telling the media that you would like to talk to Brett Sloppy after this accident just to let him know that everything will be alright was also great!

Today I went back to work after taking a four day weekend and alot of my customers know I am into desert racing. The first question I always got asked was " Were you at the Race" i told them "no"! then after that they were asking me questions about what happen and if I kknew anybody that got killed or injured and I would tell them "yes A couple of my friends got injured" and would start describing the injuries and so forth! I probably spent about 5-10 minutes at each stop talking about it!

This weekends tragedy put our sport in a big spotlight and we need to use this time to share our knowledge and love of the desert racing out there to the public. Now is the time to put our sport in a good light, turn a wrong into a right and maybe get more people who will come out to races now and see what its really like from our perspective. I started getting into off road racing back in 2003 when I bought my first truck and have met many great people in our sport. One of the greatest teams i have helped and volunteered for was Giant Motorsports. Geoff Falzone makes great products for your prerunner all the way to your race truck and he backs and support anybody that races with his products for free! Not many fab shops do that and I can truly say people like Geoff truly care about everyone out there no matter if your using his products or not, he will help you out! So all of us from the people that race to the guys in the pits to the guys chasing the race truck on race day and to the fans...THANK YOU for all your support in this tragic time and lets keep up the good work and lets spread out our knowledge of our sport cause right now people have questions and its up to us to answer them!

To help those in need please donate at http://www.fast-aid.org/california-200.html

and you can order stickers that all the money is donated also is at http://www.versiononevinyl.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60&products_id=253

once I have a link to the bracelets and t-shirt I will throw up the link here!

No comments: